(Last updated on 03 July 2020)
Throughout the website, the terms “ipg” (internet payment gateway) refer to our website’s payment service provider(s) &/or platform(s).
The term “Buyer” “User” refers to you, the person accessing this website www.108knots.com and ordering products or services from the Company using the website.
AGE OF CONSENT
- While making the registration or creating a guest account the buyer acknowledges and represents that he/she is an individual of at least 18 years of age who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, web browser, IP address, time zone and other information. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, and information about how you interact with the website. We make available the products and services only if you have provided certain required User information either by Website registration or guest account.
- Where we have requested any information from you in order to deliver the Products/Goods ordered, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete information.
- You also authorize us to use, store or otherwise process information in order to provide transportation services of products/goods to you and for the purposes of marketing or publicizing information with respect to notifying any offers or discounts.
- If any information provided by you becomes untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, we reserve all rights to suspend or terminate your account and restrict you for further use of the website.
- Users are also not permitted to use disconnected numbers as a telephone number. When using this website, you must obey all applicable international, national, state, and local laws.
- You understand that we follow a standard procedure of using log files which logs the visitors when they visit this website as a part of hosting services’ analytics. You understand that the information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- We assure that all collected information will be kept confidential, protective and encrypted and that collection of such data is as per Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our terms of service or to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a summons sent by a court, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We use ipg for processing payments. We/ipg do not store your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted through the payment card industry data security standard (pci-dss) when processing payment. Your purchase transaction data is only used as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is not saved.
- Our payment gateway adheres to the standards set by pci-dss as managed by the pci security standards council, which is a joint effort of brands like visa, mastercard, american express and discover.
- Pci-dss requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Some examples :
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here : https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here : https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us on email@example.com